It’s not often that you go to a restaurant and have the option of ordering gluten-free gnocchi, so I decided to take a crack at my own. Since we’re already halfway through October and it’s finally starting to feel like Fall, I wanted to mix in some comforting, seasonal flavors.
I modified a recipe that I found on pinchofyum to make it a little healthier and obviously gluten free. Recipe for my modified version below!
1 sweet potato
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cup of gluten free all purpose flour
1 bunch broccolini
4 tablespoons butter
1/8 cup heavy cream
2 cloves of garlic
5-6 sage leave
1/8 cup of parmesan cheese
- Bake (or microwave) the sweet potato until soft. The oven will take about an hour.
- Remove the skin and mix sweet potato with the ricotta and parmesan until soft. Knead in the flour 1/2 cup at a time. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface. Form into a loaf, break off smaller “slices”, roll and stretch into rope-ice shape. Cut into 1-inch segments and press gently with a fork on each side.
- Add gnocchi to a pot of boiling water and boil until the gnocchi rise to the top of the water. Drain and toss gently with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sage and garlic. Simmer for a few minutes and add chopped broccolini. Let the broccolini cook until tender, add gnocchi and pan-fry until golden brown. Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese (the sauce should coat the gnocchi and broccolini very lightly). Season with salt.