Slow cooker meals have been a go-to for me recently – they’re just so dang easy.
Last week I made pulled pork tenderloin tacos with a pineapple slaw. They make great leftovers too! Using the extra pulled pork and slaw, I made a bowl with brown rice and black beans for lunch.
Slow cooker meals typically take between 6-8 hours, so I can run home during my lunch break, throw everything together and come home to an amazing smelling house with an almost finished meal.
2 lbs pork tenderloin
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
3/4 cup of honey
1. In a small bowl mix dry ingredients (chili powder, cumin and paprika). Rub onto each pork tenderloin. Place in slow cooker.
2. In another small bowl, whisk together honey, juice of 2 limes and 3 tbsp cilantro. Add handful of cubed pineapple and 1/2 sliced jalapeño. Pour over the pork in slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Using two forks, shred roast and mix together with juices. It should fall apart pretty easily at this point.
5. To make the slaw, use a spiralizer to julieann pineapples, radishes and red cabbage. Add shredded carrots. Add juice of 1/2 lime, 1 tbsp EVOO, 1 teaspoon honey, salt, pepper, green onions and chopped cilantro.
6. Spoon pork onto warm corn tortillas, add slaw and top with jalapeño, lime wedges, and finely grated Follow Your Heart Parmesan style dairy free cheese.