I’m a big fan of guac – especially when it’s fresh, chunky and homemade. It’s also SUPER easy to make. For chips, grab lightly salted Tostitos for 50% less sodium or Siete Foods grain free tortilla chips.
1/2 Roma Tomato
1/4 Small Red Onion
1/2 Freshly Squeezed Lime
- Halve, pit and dice avocados into cubes. Put in a medium size bowl.
- Add diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash with a fork to desired consistency.
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos .. OR tots !
Halftime favorite. Directions below for Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos, but if you’re looking for something more simple swap the ‘nachos’ for a bag of frozen sweet potato tots.
Sweet Potatoes (sliced – I used a blade on my spiralizer)
Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
Fresh Pico de Gallo
Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese
Trader Joes Mexican Style Roasted Corn
- Toss sliced sweet potatoes with olive oil, fresh squeezed lime juice, chili powder, and sea salt. Put in the oven on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes on 375 (flip halfway), then broil on high for another 10 minutes.
- Load with ingredients.
- Put in the oven for another 15 minutes. Once done, top with avocados and dust w chili powder.
FOR TOTS – cook tots per directions on the bag. I recommend broiling for a few minutes at the end for extra crispiness (IYKYK). Then put in a cast iron skillet, add your toppings and put in the oven for another 5ish mins.
** Add or remove toppings based on your preference. I’ve been loving Trader Joe’s Mexican Style Roasted Corn so definitely try it out. I only used about 1/4 of the bag. You can find it in the frozen section. Cook first then add to your nachos/tots! **
BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Pizza
Just trust me on this one.
Caulipower Cauliflower Crust Pizza Crust
Rotisserie chicken (or you can make your own shredded chicken in the crock pot..see below)
Mini mozzarella balls
BBQ Sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s no sugar added)
Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spread thin layer of BBQ sauce on crust. Layer toppings – chicken, mozzarella and red onions (optional).
- Cook topped crust on the middle rack for 11-13 minutes.
- Top w a handful of arugula and roasted red pepper flakes.
Buffalo Cauliflower ‘Wings’
I’ve tried a bunch of different buffalo cauliflower recipes. These are battered, so less healthy, but taste very similar to boneless wings. I like to serve w ranch dressing (greek yogurt based for a healthier option) and celery sticks.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup GF all purpose flour
1 cup GF panko style breadcrumbs
1 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Buffalo Sauce (I use Noble Made/New Primal Medium Buffalo Sauce)
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees (or oven to 450 degrees)
- Make batter. Combine 1 cup GF all purpose flour, 1 cup GF breadcrumbs, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Evenly coat cauliflower florets in batter.
- Bake until crispy/golden brown around edges, about 10-12 minutes in air fryer or 20 minutes in the over. Flip halfway.
- Toss baked cauliflower ‘wings’ in buffalo sauce until evenly coated.
- Bake in oven for 3 mins. Broil to desired crispiness.